검색
 

 More From Region

 

Shivta

이 페이지에는:

The sun-baked remains of the ancient desert community of Shivta never cease to amaze visitors. Together with its sister-cities, Avdat and Mamshit, Shivta began life as a caravan stop in the Negev for the Nabatean masters of the Incense Route, and flourished after Christianity came to the Negev in the fourth century.

These three cities and the Incense Route have now been inscribed on the prestigious UNESCO list of World Heritage Sites. Shivta’s people were mainly farmers, producing a variety of crops by collecting every rare and precious drop of rain; their wine press can still be seen. Shivta had two churches; the magnificent Northern Church had marble covered-walls and displayed sacred relics that Christians came from far and wide to see. A large, cruciform baptismal font was also discovered, hewn entirely out of one rock, along with marble tombstones of clergy who served here. An 800-yard trail leads to a modern-day orchard north of the site, which utilizes ancient methods to raise carobs, figs, almonds, plums, olives, pomegranates, peaches, apricots and grapes. 



 

 Sites & Attractions

 
The Room of the Last Supper – The Coenaculum. According to Christian tradition, already...
A Catholic-Greek church built in 1877 in the heart of the market in Nazareth. According...
The Church of the Holy Sepulcher. According to Christian tradition, the Church of the H...
Revivim Observatory is one of the three lookout points established in the summer of 194...
 

 Accommodations

 
​The hotel offers 70 rooms furnished to the highest level and offering up to date techn...
​Holitel Siesta Eilat Located in the new hotel district. Close to the airport, shoppin...
 

 VideoSideVWP

 
 

 RelevantArticle

 
 

 Events In Area

 
 

 제목 없음

 
기독교 장소들